Computer and Information Science
The Computer and Information Science Department offers a program of study leading to a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or an Associate of Applied Science in Computer Science. Whether you’re interested in a bachelor’s or an associate degree in computer science, both degree programs put forth a great emphasis on technical and professional education that merges the academic coursework with relevant “hands-on” laboratory experiences. The study of Computer Science is the combination of computation and solving information-based problems in the world by the application of theoretical and practical techniques.
At East-West University, our Chicago computer science degree program is dedicated to bridging the gap between academic pursuits and technical competencies required in the business environment. The program provides a wide range of courses to lay the foundation for further studies and graduate work.
- Create software applications in a variety of programming languages.
- Customize applications by using commercial spreadsheets presentation and/or database applications.
- Develop client or web-based database applications.
- Develop/design an enterprise data warehouse (EDW) infrastructure to support the increasing needs of business to facilitate critical decision making.
- Develop a Business Intelligence/Analytics solution to bring business users, data, and reporting to key decision makers.
- Design distributed processing computer networks including telecommunications and data transmission techniques.
- Design/implement various security infrastructure in the cyber security field.
- Design/develop E-commerce infrastructure, web sites and payment systems.
- Create dynamic animation for digital media and the web.
- Develop comprehensive projects integrating video and audio technologies, and create complex, realistic video games.