Voter Eligibility and How to Vote
East-West University encourages eligible voters to register to vote. The University will provide the resources you need to become an engaged, educated, and registered voter in Illinois.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years old on or before the next election.
- Must be resident of your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election.
- Must not be convicted and/or serving a sentence.
- Must not claim to vote anywhere else.
Guidelines for voter registration differ from state to state. In Illinois, you can register by mail, online or in person by completing the voter registration application. Visit vote.gov for more information on registration. You can check here to see if you are already registered to vote. Illinois voters may also check here.
Be aware of deadlines to register which may vary in each state. Please go to the U.S. Vote Foundation to find your state’s deadline.
You can vote in person or by mail at a designated polling location. Registered voters can locate their polling station here. Registered voters can also check with their local election officials and/or state election office to learn more about absentee voting and eligibility.