See the world through the eyes of others
From the laws of human language and communication to literature, film, and culture, the communication arts can lead you down many lucrative career paths. Join our program and get a degree in English and Communication that will change the course of your life and impact the World in influential ways.
A degree in English and Communication is varied, flexible and dynamic, giving you the opportunity to explore more of what interests you most. Chart your path towards a new career equipped with an understanding of the richness of choices in communication, the pressures and influences of different media, the patterns of cultural change, and the nuances of complex arguments.
Find Real-World Job Opportunities
Get the training you need for an in-demand job in one of the following career paths within English and Communication.
Communication, Media, and Public Relations
Set your course in life as a director of marketing and communications, social media manager, communications manager, content writer, public relations manager, fundraising manager, event coordinator, creative director, or news editor.
Law and Law School
Set your course towards law school or a career as a clerk, paralegal, lawyer, or mediator.
Writing, Literature, and Poetry
Discover opportunities as an author, writer, English teacher, librarian, editor, copywriter, translator, or publisher.
Our Alumni Have Exciting Careers
Check out where our alumni went. You could be next.
- Social Media Strategist, The Honeycomb Project
- Associate Center Director, Employment and Employer Resources
- Founder and Director, April Brings
- Marketing Coordinator, Commscope/Andres Solutions
- Radio Production Specialist, Austria
- Patient Support Specialist, North Shore University System
- Faculty Member, Mongolian University of Science and Technology
- Academic Advisor, Devry University
- Payroll and Pension Specialist, Aon Hewitt
- Elementary Teacher, Alexandria City Public Schools
- Development Intern, SPNN
- Mad Tactics Management and Media
- MBA student, Dominican University
- Sixth Grade Teacher, Chicago Public Schools
- Sales Manager, General Mills
- Paralegal at a Litigation Firm
- Senior Admissions Counselor
- Law Program, John Marshall Law School
- Master's Program, Dominican University
- Master's Program, Wesley Theological Seminary
Our Program Distinctives
Explore what sets our English and Communication program apart.
Small class sizes
Highly qualified faculty
Flexible and dynamic degree
Diverse cultural perspectives
Active student newspaper
Nonprofit and T.A. internships
Faculty assistant opportunities
The Phantom Press Student Newspaper
The Phantom Press student newspaper gives students the opportunity to learn about all phases of print publication and to discover their own stories from their own experiences and interactions with their fellow students.
Follow Us on Social Media
Additional Program Info
Ready to Change Your Course in Life?
Chart a new path with a degree in English and Communication.