The Student Life Center is a modern, open and bright building designed to celebrate East-West University and its vibrant urban setting in Chicago’s South Loop.
The new Student Life Center opened its doors in the Fall 2013. It contains:
- Ten floors of on-campus housing, called The Flats.
- Multi-purpose gymnasium, free for all students and dorm residents
- A state of the art fitness center, free for all students and dorm residents
- A new library with expanded collection and state of the art computers
- Auditorium for large events, accessible to students and community
- Green features, including energy-saving heating and cooling systems and a green roof
- A modern, inviting atrium-style space featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and plenty of natural light
- 24/7 on-site security and supervision
The expansion of East-West’s campus extended the learning experience beyond the classroom and allows students to interact freely with classmates, faculty and the surrounding community. Additionally, the Student Life Center provides East-West students with increased access to the South Loop’s civic and cultural resources, including Harold Washington Library Center, Chicago Museum Campus and Grant Park.Published | Edited