WHAT IS THE WRITING CENTER?
East-West University offers free, hour-long writing tutorials at the Writing Center, now
located at the central Tutoring Lab in the Student Life Center, Room SLC- 501.
Tutors are available to assist all currently enrolled students with any stage of the
writing process, including the following:
• Getting started with writing
• Strengthening organization
• Improving writing style
• Clarifying language
• Improving English writing fluency
• Reviewing basic grammar and punctuation
• Addressing APA and MLA style questions
• Citing references
• Formatting in Word
• Research (including using EBSCO, assessing sources, and incorporating
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule an appointment, come in during open hours or email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins are welcome, but it is not guaranteed that a
tutor will be available to assist you unless you have an appointment.
Students can view the Writing Center Appointment Schedule online at:
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR TUTORING APPOINTMENT
When you come to the Writing Center for a tutorial, make sure to bring the following:
1. Your instructor’s assignment guidelines/directions (either from your syllabus,
textbook, or handout);
2. A printed (typed) or handwritten hard copy of any writing you may have
completed so far;
3. Your textbook; and
4. Pen and paper
Tutoring Hours for Winter 2015
Mondays 10:30-1:30 p.m.
Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 10:30- 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Fridays 10:30-12:00 p.m.