East-West University Student Life Center
Enhancing Education, Committing to Community
Current and prospective East-West students have expressed a strong need and a desire for an enhanced campus atmosphere, including on-campus housing, to make the most of their college experience.
The new Student Life Center, which will physically connect with the existing East-West buildings through an indoor bridge, responds to this need and will allow students to grow personally and academically in a cohesive, diverse, collegiate environment.
The expansion of East-West’s campus will extend the learning experience beyond the classroom and allow students to interact freely with classmates, faculty and the surrounding community. Additionally, the Student Life Center will provide East-West students with increased access to the South Loop’s civic and cultural resources, including Harold Washington Library Center, Chicago Museum Campus and Grant Park.
The Student Life Center is a modern, open and bright building designed to celebrate East-West University and its vibrant urban setting in Chicago’s South Loop.
Student Life Center Highlights
- Ten floors of on-campus housing
- Athletic center, multi-purpose gymnasium and extensive library
- Food court and auditorium, accessible to students and community
- Green features, including energy-saving heating and cooling systems and a green roof
- A modern, inviting atrium-style space featuring floor-to-ceiling windows and plenty of natural light
- 24/7 on-site security and supervision
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2013
For additional information about the Student Life Center, please view our Student Life Center Frequently Asked Questions and Factsheet below