WHAT IS THE WRITING CENTER?
East-West University offers free, hour-long writing tutorials at the Writing Center, now
located at the central Tutoring Lab in the Student Life Center, Room SLC- 501.
Tutors are available to assist all currently enrolled students with any stage of the
writing process, including the following:
• Getting started with writing
• Strengthening organization
• Improving writing style
• Clarifying language
• Improving English writing fluency
• Reviewing basic grammar and punctuation
• Addressing APA and MLA style questions
• Citing references
• Formatting in Word
• Research (including using EBSCO, assessing sources, and incorporating
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule an appointment, come in during open hours or email
tutor will be available to assist you unless you have an appointment.
Students can view the Writing Center Appointment Schedule online at:
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR TUTORING APPOINTMENT
When you come to the Writing Center for a tutorial, make sure to bring the following:
1. Your instructor’s assignment guidelines/directions (either from your syllabus,
textbook, or handout);
2. A printed (typed) or handwritten hard copy of any writing you may have
completed so far;
3. Your textbook; and
4. Pen and paper
WRITING CENTER HOURS FOR SPRING 2014
Monday & Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. & 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. & 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Thursdays 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Fridays 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. & 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.